Here’s my second installment: a shortlist of what I’ve loved or found interesting this past week.
- Book I’m loving: The Brutal Telling: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel. Start with Still Life (A Chief Inspector Gamache Mystery Book 1).
- Purchases I’m enjoying: Scanpan Classic 12-1/2-Inch Fry Pan – nothing sticks to this pan! Worth every penny – it’s my go-to for every meal. Silicone Reusable Drinking Straws – my dentist recommended drinking coffee and tea through a straw to avoid staining – these are non-toxic and easy to clean. Do I look ridiculous drinking from them? Yes.
- What I’d get if I wasn’t holding out for Apple Watch 2: Withings Activite Pop Smart Watch or its stunning premium cousin. A smart watch family that looks just as good as dumb watches – and how about that battery life?
- Articles that made me think: The 20 Habits of Eventual Millionaires – the quirky and sometimes uncomfortably honest entrepreneur and writer/podcaster James Altucher gives his take on living well (hint: money is a side effect, a byproduct). Why Your Morning Routine Isn’t Working, and How to Fix It – don’t give up your intention to start the day right, just tweak what’s not working. Venture Capital and the Internet’s Impact – explores the shifting landscape of VC funding and details the decline in relevance of traditional VC firms with legions of angel investors and some growth investors squeezing them out.
- Quote that has shaped my mindset: “It’s really a pervasive feature of our psyche that we have ideas about what will bring us happiness and we’re regularly wrong.” – Psychologist Tara Brach.
How did you like this second go-around? Let me know what you like or dislike on Twitter – send a tweet to @adamcbowers. Be sure to use #FridayShortlist – Twitter loves that kind of thing.
P.S. In case you missed it, check out my first Friday Shortlist.