I’ve waited all week to share this carefully curated Friday Shortlist with you:
- Music I’ve been working to: Songza is a free music streaming service that offers playlists according to activities and moods. Try Epic Film Scores for an energy boost during your midday slump.
- Purchases I’m enjoying: Pelican 1070 Case (with Liner) nearly indestructible MacBook Pro protection that puts your flimsy sleeve to shame. Of course, it’s overkill 99.9% of the time, but there’s always that .1% worst case scenario (can you tell I was a Boy Scout?). Cap Barbell 12-Piece Puzzle Mat – I’m using a few pieces as an anti-fatigue mat for my standing desk. It makes a huge difference.
- My new favorite lunch spot: wherever I happen to be, courtesy UberEATS. Great food from restaurants I’ve always wanted to try, delivered in minutes for half the price of Caviar.
- Internet wanderings: Man Puts Glass Of Water On Bedside Table In Case He Needs To Make Huge Mess In Middle Of Night – one of the most on-point and hilarious Onion articles I’ve ever read, because it hits so close to home. Build Focus – service that uses science to train your attention (in private alpha currently). Apparently the houses your focus builds are set on fire when you check Facebook (be sure to whitelist Friday Shortlist!).
- Quote that has shaped my mindset: “Don’t confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but doesn’t make any progress.” – Alfred Montapert
Tweet @adamcbowers with your thoughts or use the comment section below.
Have a great week and be well,
P.S. Now that we’re 5 Friday Shortlists in – should I keep going? If yes, shoot me an email and tell me how I can make it even better – I take your feedback seriously.