Here’s something new (for me): a shortlist of what I’ve loved or found interesting this week.
- Music I’ve been working to: The Weepies album Say I Am You.
- Purchases I’m enjoying: Merrell Men’s Moab Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot for those gorgeous fall hikes. CytoSport Muscle Milk Lean Muscle Protein Powder to add protein to my morning smoothie. It’s a low-sugar way to make my otherwise kinda nasty ingredients taste great (frozen kale, plain greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk).
- Book I’m reading: Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With the Heart of a Buddha. An intro to mindfulness and meditation from a clinical psychologist and teacher.
- Articles that made me think: 12 Habits That Set Ultra Successful People Apart – research-based look at how emotional intelligence is a critical factor for success. 11 Ways to Dominate the Social Scene with Killer Content has a ton of great ideas for marketers to get extra mileage out of their content via social, with practical tips anyone can use today. Do CMOs Really Add Value? It’s an important question for current (or would-be) CMOs. The punchline? “Companies with a CMO perform 15% better, on average, than companies without one.”
- Quote that has shaped my mindset: “The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.” – Psychologist Carl Rogers as quoted in Radical Acceptance.
Did you enjoy this Friday Shortlist? Let me know what you like or dislike on Twitter – send a tweet to @adamcbowers. Be sure to use #FridayShortlist to make it easy to find.
P.S. Special thanks to Tim Ferriss for the format inspiration.